Collections Introduction goes here
On a magical night in 1976, as huge snowflakes fell, the concept of developing a Christmas Village began in Stillwater, Minnesota as an inspiration in recreating the same moment for others to enjoy. That year, six crudely made hand-painted ceramic houses were inventoried in Department 56 of Bachman’s Florist and became known as the original Snow Village Collection.
W.H. Bossons was a graduate of the Burslem School of Art and an honor student at the Stoke-on-Trent College of Ceramics. Following a career in the ceramic tile industry, he retired to Congleton, England in 1944. As a hobby, W.H. Bossons began making lead soldiers and Christmas figurines out of metal and plaster.
The Legend Lane Company was started in 1947 by Mr. Alec Cochrane in North Wales, England. After being discharged from the Army, Mr. Cochrane opened a shop which sold a range of hand-crafted souvenirs. By 1950, he had commenced with producing decorative plates, plaques and heads.